A slow cooker recipe roundup from some of our talented contributors, all family tested and approved in our households!
If you are a busy mom, then you know a slow cooker can be your best friend. It’s useful for many occasions – like for busy weekdays with crazy schedules when you won’t be home until dinnertime, for weekends when you’d rather spend more time with your family than in your kitchen, and to share when you have a big party to attend. I use mine every day to make a simple and so very healthy oatmeal that can be jazzed up with an endless number of toppings to fit anyone’s tastes. We buy the grains in bulk and it saves both time and money!
This week, I have pulled together a recipe round-up of some of my personal slow cooker recipes and a few from our other talented contributors here at Inner Child Food.
Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes for Families
1. Vegan Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Soup from Busy Vegetarian Mom
2. Vegan Slow Cooker Potatoes Au Gratin from Busy Vegetarian Mom
3. Beets in the Slow Cooker from Busy Vegetarian Mom
4. Skinny Chocolate Coconut Oatmeal from Busy Vegetarian Mom
5. Slow Cooker Oatmeal from Busy Vegetarian Mom
6. Slow Cooker Apple Pie Oatmeal from Busy Vegetarian Mom
7. Slow Cooker Lentil Soup with Portabella from Collecting the Moments…One by One
8. Chardonnay Pumpkin Sausage Sauce from Inner Child Fun
Did you see something you liked? I’m sure most of you already own one, if not more! Come on, lets hear it – how many do you have stashed away in your kitchen? Me? Well, I have four and I think I’m ready to buy a fifth! I have one mini dip pot, two medium pots for our daily oatmeal, and one giant party pot!
We LOVE to hear from you!
Leave us a comment telling us how many slow cookers YOU have and what YOUR favorite recipes are.