We are all busy from time to time in the mornings and don’t have time for breakfast. Well, that’s pretty much all the time at my house so we try to plan ahead on the weekend and get our breakfasts ready to grab and go. Here you will find some of our families favorite healthy breakfasts to go. There is something here for everybody and most are really quite simple. Let the kids pick one and have them help. All of these recipes have some or all parts that are easy for kids to get their hands in!
- Coconutty Banana Granola Bars High in fiber and protein – make in fun shapes your kids will love!
- Peanut Butter Banana Tacos Easy for kids to make themselves for a protein packed breakfast on the run.
- Mashed Potato Mini Quiche Fill up these quiches with your favorite veggies and cheese.
- Breakfast Pinwheels Kids love to make these! Make a bunch on the weekend and eat all week long.
- Breakfast Wontons Use whatever leftovers you have and freeze these!
- No Bake Energy Bites So full of protein and fiber, pop 3-4 of these while you are running out the door and you are set.
- Fruity Tofu Smoothie Sneak in some protein with tofu – I promise they wont know it’s there!
- Smoothies to Go Go Freeze fresh fruit and veggie juice and smoothies in small to go cups.
Pull out any combination the night before, put in refridgerator and breakfast is ready to go!
A few more suggestions to please everyone in the family!
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Peanut Butter/Apples – Put in a to go cup for on the run!
- Breakfast Burritos – scrambled eggs or use hard boiled eggs leftover from easter!
- Make burritos ahead and wrap in saran wrap and pull out and heat or eat cold too. Delicious!
- Crock Pot Oatmeal - cook on low overnight and it’s ready when you are in the morning.
- Muffins – Make a bunch of mini muffins and freeze. Pull out a variety at the beginning of the week.
- Granola Baggies – Fill with your favorite granola, dried fruits and nuts
- Packaged Nuts
- Cheese and Apples