If you’re looking for some great after school snack ideas, we’ve compiled 10 Healthy After Snack Ideas to get you started.
There are SO many delicious, yet health-conscious ways to prepare snacks for kids, no matter what their age. Kids don’t always want to eat a snack if they know its good for them, but that sweet tooth or salty foods craving can be met in a way that is sure to satisfy both parent and child.
10 Healthy After School Snack Ideas that are good for you and taste good too:
- Fruit and Cheese Kabobs– getting in a serving of both fruit and dairy is sure to set your child up for homework success!
- Banana Berry Smoothie– sometimes drinking down a snack is the best way to go, and it is the perfect solution for a busy afternoon. Have one ready to go when you pick your child up from school. What a special treat!
- Buffalo Ranch Popcorn– this spin on traditional popcorn is ideal for the savory snack lover.
- Copycat Homemade Larabar Bites– get a big dose of healthy with these little bite-size snack options.
- Sinfully Delicious Chocolate Chip Yogurt Parfait– you can’t go wrong with yogurt, berries, and a tiny bit of chocolate chips to fuel up.
- Ultimate Snack Mix– what a wonderful way to get so many favorite snacks all rolled into one. Change this recipe up and mix in all your favorite snack ingredients.
- Fresh Raw Veggies and Greek yogurt dip- Take your pick. Which veggies do your kids love? Have a carrot eater or red pepper lover? Pick their favorites and have them ready to munch on. Simple and delicious.
- Berries- wash and cut these up early in the week and put in a seal-able container in the refrigerator. You’ll have a grab and go snack that is ready when you are.
- Apple Sandwiches– perfect for your Gluten-Free diet, just make sure you’re using gluten-free granola. Yum!
- Mini Bagels with Cream Cheese- just the right size snack to tide a hungry tummy over until dinner.
Looking for more snack ideas? Be sure to check out these Heart Healthy snack ideas!