Celebrate the end of the school year with a cool, sweet treat! My mom used to make these Peanut-Butterscotch Rice Krispie Treats for my siblings and I and boy, did they make the kitchen smell incredible! I just know you’ll love them too!
A word of warning though: Do not prepare these Rice Krispie Treats around bedtime! My youngest son’s nose led him out from beneath the covers and into the kitchen. “Mmmm, what you makin’ Mommy? I hunnngey!” Shooing him back to bed while the house smelled like butterscotch and peanut butter was not an easy task!
- 1 12-ounce box of Rice Krispies
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 1 bag of butterscotch chips
- Combine the butterscotch chips and peanut butter in a large, microwave safe bowl.
- Heat the chips and peanut butter for 1-3 minutes, or until melted. Remove from the microwave.
- Stir in the Rice Krispies until well-coated.
- Pour into a large casserole dish. Store the Rice Krispie Treats in the refrigerator.
Store the Peanut-Butterscotch Rice Krispie Treats in the refrigerator, as they become crumbly and soft when left at room temperature. Consider hiding them way in the back, so they last more than 24 hours!